C harles Hastings began working part time for Watson & Whaley in 1961 at age 14. He purchased Watson & Whaley Funeral Home in 1980 and changed the name to Hastings Funeral Home in 1981. In 1987 an addition was built on the funeral home and in 1992 a second addition was added to the building. A garage and parking lot were added in 1996 which also marked the 100th anniversary of the firm. In 2002, yet another addition was added to the building. Today, just as it has since 1896, the tradition continues. After more than 110 years, the Hastings Funeral Home is still providing the most professional and compassionate service possible to the families it serves in Delaware and Maryland.